Home   •   About me   •   Contact   •   Recognition   •   Freebies   •   Destash

JessicaLynnOriginal Design Team Blog Hop



Welcome to the Start of Summer Design Team Showcase Blog Hop created by the JessicaLynnOriginal June 2015 – January 2016 Design Team!

Today we are featuring projects using the Brentwood Owl's Summertime Fun digital stamp that really showcase and introduce our members! This fun stamp captures that summer vacation or holiday feel and can be used in many ways. Put your feet up and grab a cool drink to sip as you travel along the hop, getting inspired by the different takes from each of our designers. If you are coming from Jeanette's blog, then you're in the right place.


I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to create a summer-beach-scene. Little Brentwood with his cute cocktail in his hand literally screams for a beach on which he wants to stand on ;)
And because it is still sooooooo rainy and dark outside (I mean: hello Mr. Weather, it is May!), that was a perfect afternoon project. I even turned some summer-beach music on, haha!

First of all, I looked for some nice pattern paper pieces to create a caribbean sea with a golden beach, to get a tropical feeling.. through and through! 


For the background of the card, I used Distress Ink "broken china" on the edges and "tumbled glass" in the middle of the sky. But before I went over it with my blending tool, I die cut some clouds out of Mask paper, which I placed on the card before going over it with the color. That way, you'll get some nice blank clouds on a blue sky background.



I cut out a little banner and painted it in yellow and then stamped the sentiment "hello sunshine" (Lawn Fawn) on it. 
As a finishing touch, I took some fluffy cotton wool and glued them on the clouds. This creates a 3D effect and the clouds look much more realistic and fun.



That Digi Stamp is now available fro FREE! So check out JessicaLynnOriginal's Website!

*** SUPPLIES ***

Stamps:
JessicaLynnOriginal "Beach Brentwood"
Lawn Fawn "Hello Sunshine"

Pattern Paper:
Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka, mon amie"
Lawn Fawn "Beachside"

Distress Ink colors:
"broken china"
"tumbled glass"
"mustard seed"


Win a prize!

Let me know what you think in the comments below. Comment on each of the blogs in the hop and you will be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate towards anything at JessicaLynnOriginal.com! After the hop, Jessica will randomly select a winner and announce the lucky person on her blog on Sunday, May 24th.

Next is Jennifer's blog where she has a beautiful-beachy project to show you! Thanks for stopping by!
If you get lost along the way, or a link doesn't work, click here to see a list of the blogs!

Happy Hopping!

Kommentare:

Wombat hat gesagt…

Wonderful card! Love the 3D elements of the cloud and thanks for talking about how you got the blank clouds in the sky! Good to know. :)

Sharon hat gesagt…

This is such a great card I just love the clouds and your colouring! Welcome to the JLO Team!

Jennifer {jennifer-g} hat gesagt…

I adore all the dimension and the papers you used to create the waves!! So clever and it looks fantastic. Puffy summer clouds? yes please! <3
Jennifer, DT sis

Vickie Y hat gesagt…

Super cute! Love the very creative clouds! Hugs, DT Sis Vickie

Bunny hat gesagt…

Beautiful colors on this card. I love the blue swim suit. The clouds go perfectly with the image as does the sand and sea.

Jessica Lynn Mould hat gesagt…

I LOVE this card.. it is just adorable!!!

Jess

BubblegumPaper hat gesagt…

First, I feel like I'm learning German by leaving a comment here! Awesome! I love your card and the patterned paper selection choices for the waves and sand. Very creative!

riliska hat gesagt…

What a great job did you do. Gorgeous card with beautiful image.

MariaLRussell hat gesagt…

Hello Wiebke! I really love your card. I love the colors that you used and what a great idea to make the clouds look puffy! I never thought of that. You are so creative. I am so, so proud to be with you on the design team. Looking forward to see more of your creation. Hugs, Maria