Home   •   About me   •   Contact   •   Recognition   •   Freebies   •   Destash

Over the moon with Mama Elephant

Hello everybody!

Today, I've got a card for you which was inspired by Nicole Gavaldons (Lawn Fawn DT) card with its cute hamsters right in front of the moon. She created such a beautiful scene! And I wanted to try it out as well, because I just LOOOOVED it!

So here's how my card turned out:


I used some Distress Inks on some watercolor paper for the dark blue background and the green grass. The moon is colored out of watercolors.. with some soft tones like yellow and grey and LOTS of water!


I stamped the little critters with Memento "Tuxedo black" and colored them with Copics. 
To get this fabulous shadow look, I went over the critters with grey tones (Copic C3, C5). I also colored a shadow in front of the critters on the grass.. so that it looks like the light comes from behind.


At least, I drew some white dots on the background with a white Gel pen. Does it look like stars or more like snowflakes????!!?

Anyway, I had A LOT of fun with this project and I think it turned out pretty good. Thank you Nicole for that great instruction!


--- SUPPLIES ---

Mama Elephant "Carnival Cupcakes"

Distress Inks:
 "faded jeans"
 "black soot"
 "broken china"
 "peeled paint"
  "shabby shutters"
  "mowed lawn"

Watercolor Paper by Tim Holtz

Memento "Tuxedo black"


--- CHALLENGE ---


Kommentare:

Amina Ishfaq hat gesagt…

such a cute card... love the background and your coloring :)

Mandy hat gesagt…

Gorgeous card Weikbe! The image is adorable and I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Holly AKA KopyKat hat gesagt…

OMGosh this is so adorable!!!