Home   •   About me   •   Contact   •   Recognition   •   Freebies   •   Destash

Washi Tape Card

Hello everyone :)

Today, I have two great cards to share with you! At first the difficult one... the current Lawnscaping Challenge has the theme "new techniques" and because I am so new in all this, nearly anything is a new technique for me :D

But I thought about a technique which I didn't used before. And that's Washi Tape!
I grabbed out the fabulous Lawn Fawn Die Cut "Happy birthday border die", because I wanted to combine my Washi Card with a shaker effect. Shaker Cards are also not my preferred technique, I don't know why... maybe because it wastes so much foam tape, haha silly me.


Anyway! I only die cut the words "happy birthday", because the whole sentiment wouldn't have fit the size of the card and I think it also looks pretty this way.

Adding the Washi Tape Stripes was so much fun! It is just so easy and playful and... just a really quick way to get a colorful background!


I made this little blue narwhale out of Washi Tape too! I put a bit Copic Coloring on the top so that you can see at least a bit of shading. But when I saw him together with the card, I decided to add another one. So that it doesn't look so messy and full of patterns. Now, Mr. and Mrs. Narwhale are wishing a happy birthday!


At the end, I put Foam Tape behind the card and add some sequins for the little shaker window on the top. Then I put it on some black cardstock. I am in love with black backgrounds currently... don't ask me why, I just love the look of it so much!


*** SUPPLIES ***

Lawn Fawn "Critters in the arctic"

Lawn Fawn Die Cut "Happy Birthday Border Die"

Lawn Fawn "Scalloped Circle"

Lots of varied Washi Tape and Sequins!



Challenge:



1 Kommentar:

Samantha Casey hat gesagt…

Super amazing card! I love all the patterns and bright colors! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha