Home   •   About me   •   Contact   •   Recognition   •   Freebies   •   Destash

Stamped Critter Background

Hello everyone!

I have a new Card for you today featuring some of the older and some new Gerda Steiner Design stamp sets. I used these four sets to create a stamped watercolored background: Just SentimentsHappy HoppyLucky DuckHow are Ewe. It's a fun technique, which I wanted to share with you :)


I stamped all of these cute critters and elements on a piece of watercolor paper (Versafine works very well with water). Then I looked for a few beautiful Distress Inks to color my elements. When you put several layers of water on each other, you'll get that messy watercolor look. I also splashed some waterdroplets on it plus some white ink splashes. A few lighter dots add more interest to your card! :)
Oh and I like to use black sentiments - specially on a colorful background! (there might be a comma  missing between "birthday" and "awesome"... )



See you tomorrow!









Neenah - Solar White Paper 110lb (cardbasis)
Tim Holtz - Watercolor Cardstock
Gerda Steiner Designs - Just Sentiments
Gerda Steiner Designs - Happy Hoppy
Gerda Steiner Designs - Lucky Duck
Gerda Steiner Designs - How are Ewe
Coloration - Distress Inks

1 Kommentar:

Maike from Maikreations hat gesagt…

Klasse Idee ;o) Ich finde, die Karte ist Dir echt wahnsinnig gut gelungen und es ist mal ein ganz anderer Look! Gefällt mir ehrlich gut!!! Hab einen guten Start in eine tolle Woche, Maike ;o)